As the world embraces the new reality of the COVID-19 into 2021, SAE International wants to ensure you as participants of the MobilityForward Challenge™ have the ability pivot to a virtual offering to allow for a strong student engagement in a controlled manner to meet all the necessary precautions of the pandemic and still deliver on strong educational experiences for your teams in 2021. With the SAE World Congress Experience (WCX) moving to a virtual offering we will be moving the MoilityForward Challenge™ student event to a virtual offering also and offering FREE registration to those universities who wish to participate. Through the SAE MobilityForward Challenge™ universities will think critically about emerging technology issues relevant to the micromobility industry. Teams of university students will design an electric, personally owned micromobility vehicle solution for practical everyday use. It will accommodate up to two riders and have enough space for cargo option – essentially an electric micromobility vehicle that two people can take for an errand run. SAE International would like to offer university teams the following opportunities:
- Free Registration for teams in the MobilityForward Challenge™ 2021
- Free Registration to SAE WCX Digital Summit 2021
- Teams will receive a virtual “booth” to showcase their projects.
- Teams will pre-record their presentation for virtual delivery
- All categories of the program will be assessed, and award money given in each category 1st – 3rd.
- Meet the Industry Virtual Networking.
- Awards Program will be held virtually.
Also, we have decided to extend registration as well. You will have the opportunity to register through December 4, 2020.
Please email us at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.